International Osteopathic Healthcare Week
16-22 April 2017
Help the OIA celebrate the fifth annual International Osteopathic Healthcare Week! This event is a week for organisations around the world to promote, share and celebrate the osteopathy field through public events, social media campaigns, press outreach, and advocacy activities.
The OIA wants to assist your organisation in participating! Scroll down for resources here that you can share online, promote to your patients, share with colleagues and enjoy yourself.
- Watch and share this new video from Osteopathic Healing Hands on how osteopathy works.
- The American Academy of Osteopathy offers a brief video on the benefits of osteopathy.
- Click here to see a video from the Instituto Piaget of Portugal.
- On 20 April 2017, the American Public Broadcasting Service will debut The Feminine Touch, a documentary about women in osteopathic medicine. This movie features OIA board member Karen Nichols, along with many more osteopathic physicians from the United States. See the trailer and read more here.
- Click here to see more videos on osteopathy from the Canadian Federation of Osteopaths:
Campaigns & Social Media
- The American Osteopathic Association’s National Osteopathic Medicine Week is going on right now! Find out more here.
- Check out Ostéopathie Québec’s #IOHW2017 campaign on Facebook, Twitter and Linked In.
- Follow the OIA on Twitter and Facebook.
- Click here to download this official #IOHW2017 poster in French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and German!
- Click here for a poster (JPG) from OIA member organisation Osteopaths New Zealand.
Is your organisation planning an event, promotion or outreach for #IOHW2017? If you have a video, flier, or announcement, let us know. We’ll share it here to celebrate and advance the profession.
Have a happy International Osteopathic Healthcare Week 2017!