The OIA Board of Directors is proud to offer The OIA Global Report: Global Review of Osteopathic Medicine and Osteopathy 2020. This report is an update of our 2013 Global Report and illustrates the growth of osteopathic medicine and osteopathy in the past seven years.
The report is presented in four parts:
- Summary Document: Provides the highlights of the full report
- Part I: The Status of Osteopathic Healthcare Worldwide – A Survey of OIA Members
- Part II: A Profile of Osteopathic Healthcare – A Review of Literature
- Part III: Osteopathy Evidence and Safety Summary
OIA Global Report Usage & Promotion
The document can be used to explain osteopathy and osteopathic medicine to those unfamiliar with them, including health and governmental authorities. The OIA has developed a list of audiences whom OIA members can contact about the Global Reports:
- UN member nation health ministers
- National, state and local health ministers or authorities, including opposition leaders
- National, regional and local newspapers, especially health reporters
- TV and radio programs, especially health and current affairs programs
- Any national or regional health initiatives in their country
- Other healthcare professionals, including other doctors (e.g., medical doctors, allopathic physicians), nurses, midwives, physical therapists, chiropractors, etc.
- Local prospective patients, in education centers, evening classes, or parent information sessions
- Students or graduating health professionals at universities
In addition, individual practitioners are encouraged to mention the report in their clinic newsletter, with links. The report can also be linked in media releases during International Osteopathic Healthcare Week.