The OIA welcomes new members from around the world.
A membership application includes several different components. First, all applicants must complete the membership application form in full. In addition, a liability form and an application fee of US$100 must be submitted. (For details, see the final two pages of the application form.)
All applicants must also submit
- A letter on your organisation’s letterhead requesting membership in the OIA,
- Mission, goals, and bylaws (in English, with certified translation), and
- The number of members currently in the organisation.
Full & associate applicants must attach the following materials:
- An organisational and staff profile (including membership numbers, distribution, type of training, educational criteria, number of staff, etc.)
- Legal authority (federal, state, or provincial laws) by which your organisation is registered/accredited
- Annual report (if available)
Partner applicants must submit the following additional materials:
- A letter on your organisation’s letterhead requesting membership in the OIA
- Mission, goals, and bylaws (in English, certified translation, or include costs for translation)
- Information about your organisation, including membership numbers, type of training, degree awarded, educational criteria, etc.
All applicants should submit materials to the OIA secretariat via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or post (142 E. Ontario, Chicago, IL 60611 USA). Upon receipt, the secretariat will forward all materials to the board for review. Applicants may expect official notice of a decision within six to eight weeks.
Membership Application (PDF)