Every person worldwide has access to high quality osteopathic healthcare.
The OIA represents its member organizations with global healthcare stakeholders as the unified voice of the global osteopathic profession. Our purpose is to encourage systems of regulation and education which will ensure high standards for safe and effective healthcare from osteopaths and osteopathic physicians.
Our Core Values
- Uphold the stewardship of osteopathic philosophy and practice
- Acknowledge and respect both streams of osteopathic healthcare
- Encourage and support collaboration
- Uphold transparency and integrity
- Embrace altruism and person-centeredness
- Commit to good governance and accountability to ensure organizational sustainability
Strategic Initiatives, 2022-2025
- Act as the unified voice of the global osteopathic profession
- Position OIA as the globally trusted source for osteopathic standards and information
- Solidify engagement with the World Health Organisation to ensure ongoing collaboration and recognition of osteopathic healthcare on a global stage
- Define a resource development programme to ensure the OIA has sustainable capacity to deliver