To ensure that every person worldwide has access to high-quality osteopathic healthcare.
To encourage systems of education and regulation which will ensure high standards for safe and effective health care from osteopaths and osteopathic physicians.
Our Core Values
- Uphold the stewardship of osteopathic philosophy and practice
- Acknowledge and respect both streams of osteopathic healthcare
- Encourage and support collaboration
- Uphold transparency and integrity
- Embrace altruism and person-centeredness
- Commit to good governance and accountability to ensure organizational sustainability
Access to Care
The OIA will facilitate patient choice by:
- Informing and engaging national and international healthcare authorities to provide access and eliminate barriers to osteopathic care for their citizens
- Providing responsible, accurate and transparent public communication about osteopathy and osteopathic medicine
Capacity to Serve
The OIA supports global collaboration and commitment to osteopathic:
- Professional organization development and improvement
- High quality educational standards and delivery
- Research to inform best practices
- Standards, regulation and legislative recognition distinct to the profession.
Click here to download the previous OIA Strategic Plan Summary (2014-2016).